Here at Regent Estates, we are dedicated to ensuring that your privacy is respected and protected at all times. Whether you register with us or simply visit our website, this policy applies to you. It helps to explain how we obtain any personal data from you, how we process this data and finally how we protect this data and your privacy.
When We Collect Your Data
Whenever you interact with Regent Estates, we may collect data. Here is how and when we collect your data:
- When you visit a page of our website
- When you opt in to our marketing communications
- When you create an account through our website
- When you apply for our services
- When you request a viewing or valuation
- When you provide us with some feedback
- When you pop in or telephone in to our front office.
In addition, we may also collect your data from the following third parties:
- On the Market
Types of Data We Collect
If you are selling your property, renting your property, buying a property or letting a property through Regent Estates or one of our clients then we may collect and use the following data, to enable us to provide you with our service:
- Individual Details: title, full name, date of birth, copy of passports and other identification documents.
- Contact Details: address, telephone number and email address.
- Financial Information: bank account and payment details.
- Transaction Information: details about payments to and from you.
How We Use Your Data
The following provides information on how we use your personal data:
- To contact you
- To execute our obligations arising from any contracts or agreements entered into between you and us
- To provide you with the information, products and services you request from us
- To provide you with information of other services that we offer
- To notify you of any changes to our service
- To verify your identity
- In the case of lettings, to carry out full referencing using the information you have provided
- To provide first class customer support
- To abide by the requirements imposed by law or court order
- Where you have viewed a property through us, we will disclose your name to the relevant landlord/vendor to avoid any potential commission disputes.
Where Do We Store Your Data & How Secure Is It
Personal Data is processed through our Regent Estates Berkhamsted office. The information that we collect is stored in locations with physical and electronic control security restrictions, that are only accessible by Regent Estates Staff Members. By submitting your personal data you agree that we may store and process your data in this manner.
Third Parties Who Process Your Data
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme – the tenancy deposit protection service we use
- Credit Safe – credit report information provider
- Tenant Shop – a comparison service for al tenants needs (only when opted in)
- Selected financial advisors
- Prospective landlords in the case for previous tenants
- Third parties that you have asked us to recommend to you
- Limited information is provided to other estate agents to ensure that the sale or purchase of your property is executed smoothly.
Your Privacy Rights
Your data will be stored for as long as you are using our services, and for at least seven years thereafter, for legal, regulatory and accounting purposes, and thereafter for as long as seen necessary.
Under data protection laws, you maintain the right to:
- Ask for the data that we hold and process about you
- Ask us correct any incorrect information we hold about you
- Ask us to remove certain parts of your data from our system
- Lodge a complaint regarding the way we are using your data
- Prevent the use of your personal data for marketing purposes by informing a member of staff in the office either via email or telephone, 01442 877 878
You can exercise any of these rights at any time by writing to the Data Protection Officer Thomas Leech at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied about the way in which your information is handled you have the right to lodge a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.